Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Created Stuff #6.1

Maya did a hard crash on me last night, so there were no 'temp' files in any of the directories where they were supposed to be according to the help documents or the google. There is supposed to be a .ma (or .mb I'm assuming) that gets written to disk on failure. I also didn't have a project setup for any of my work, so I'm not sure if that was part of my downfall?

The upside is that I configured auto-save  which I should have done at the very beginning. Basic advise that I give everyone that uses a computer. Save first and save often! If you don't create a file and save it, unless the program is very aware, there is nothing to auto-save to. I've been teaching users about this for years, but apparently I'm stubborn and don't take advice.

Onward and upwards. I rebuild everything I had done, and did it faster than before. I connected the model to Mudbox and *attempted* to add something that could resemble a texture. Then I pulled it all into Unity and slapped the fresh new diffuse onto the material. And voila! Partial boat object that looks like it was attacked with a paint roller. Success I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment