Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

To the Archives! - Robobox

I was thinking about numbering this post, but I don't know if I have enough material to actually make a series. In my recent endeavour to get better at art, so that I can complement my programming skills I wanted to share some of what I've done in the past.

Here is a model I made in Hexagon, and then imported to Sculptris to texture. Sculptris lets you project texture in a 3d view, and then creates a diffuse map that has been unfolded.  


I took this diffuse map and put it through Paint.Net normal filter to create a normal map as well.




Once it was textured I added bones to with Daz Studio. I could then add animation using those bones, and made an idle. The idle was like a slight bounce movement.



The final result was the following model.



And the final version in Unity. 



That's it for now. Onward and upward.

#indieLife




No comments:

Post a Comment