Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Created Stuff #28

For this post I'm going to share what I've been working on for my next game project. I am co-developing a new game that is *untitled*. If everything goes well it will be a multiplayer space game. Our development time has been setting up the project and prototyping up to this point. The quick iteration that Unity provides is absolutely positive for our needs. One of the real pieces of magic is provided by Much Different and their networking product uLink. I've used uLink for testing before and it's been great so far for rapid development.

Here is a video showing the progress so far. In the center is the server running and showing two players connected. To each side is a client running that is connecting to the server and showing two players controller a separate ship. The green player is the one you have control over, while the red one is a ship controlled by another player.

No comments:

Post a Comment